Saturday, September 09, 2006

It's About Time

This was supposed to start the Second of August, when we completed our move from Minneapolis, Minnesota to Vancouver, Washington. 7 states (Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington & Oregon) in 6 days with me, Angela, Sean(7), Molly(3) and Lucy (Golden Retriever,9) was to provide a Jack Kerouacesque On The Road kickoff to the blog I had been wanting to start for quite a while. However, it's taken this long to get the mountain of boxes in the garage down to size, the kids in first grade and preschool, secure some form of employment, and feel like I could sandwich in a few moments to start.

I'm a painter, print/web designer and illustrator. You can see some work at www.3flynns.com. My goal is to post new art daily. I'm a reality-based artist, so all the work you see comes from the real world. That's where 'SlackJawed Midwesterner' comes in. Having spent my entire life land-locked, including the last 13 years in the frozen parking lot that is Minneapolis, I am very much in awe of the Pacific Northwest that I'm discovering on a daily basis. There will be sweeping vistas and tire store parking lots. There will be still-lifes from the kids' Pez collection. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home